samedi 5 mai 2007

A friend recently lent his Lisa Ono CD to me, Jambalaya - Bossa Americana. Listened to it while doing Math and i realised it is pretty good music for concentration.

Lisa Ono is Japan's most acclaimed Bossa Nova artist. To confess, i'm still not a fan of her voice. I find it a little too husky for my liking. Something clearer would perhaps be nice. My favourite song out of the cd is My Boy cause the lyrics are meaningful and the tune's simple and catchy. Most of the time, i actually prefer the instrumentation over her voice. Still trying to listen more to Jazz and other stuff like that.

Stay All Night's a funky number and i really loved the arrangement. I didnt think her voice was upbeat enough for the tune. The saxophone part is really great though.

Dont think i'll be a convert anytime soon. Came across Yamagata's Be Be my love the other day when i was youtubing around and i fell in love with it. Go hear!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

oh! I have Lisa Ono's album too, much older one. My father has Jambalaya and loves it. Yes, she's a good singer, think she grew up in Brazil or something, hence. Rachael Yamagata's album is also gd, I use it to sleep, esp. during the pre-SYF jitters :/ She has MTVs? OK will check it out :)